Sweet and tangy ribs that fall off the bone with every bite. This Asiatic dish goes great with coconut rice and grilled bok choy.
1) Add tamarind block to 2 quarts of water and let reconstitute in a 10-quart pot for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add rest of marinade ingredients and let simmer for an hour, and then cool down.
3) Rub ribs down with oil, salt, and pepper and place in roasting pan. Brown ribs in oven at 500 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.
4) Add marinade and braise ingredients to roasting pan and cook in oven for 3-4 hours at 325 degrees.
5) Remove ribs from roasting pan and plan on a sheet pan. Baste ribs with sauce left in roasting pan.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes to caramelize sauce.
Filed In: Dinner