Each dinner we provide a vegetarian entree option. These vegan rolls are quite flavorful and accompanied with sides inspired by items locally grown or harvested.
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a wide rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place bell peppers, zucchini, onion, fennel, apricots, and garlic on sheet and toss with oil, cumin, ginger, paprika, cinnamon and salt, and pepper. Roast in oven for 35-45 minutes, tossing once or twice, until veggies are caramelized in some spots and softened.
3) Remove from oven, toss in chickpeas or white beans, basil, and let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.
4) Line a baking dish or sheet with parchment paper. Place a lightly dampened dishtowel over phyllo sheets to keep moist while preparing rolls. Lightly brush top of one phyllo sheet with oil. Place another sheet (not brushed with oil) on top.
5) Spread ¾-1 cup roasted veggie mixture (see note) down the center of the top sheet, leaving 1-2 inches of space from the edges. Fold left side over filling and roll up, tucking in the sides as you go. Brush with additional oil and place in lined baking dish or sheet. Repeat process until all phyllo and mixture are used, you will have 4-6 rolls (see note).
6) Bake for 24-28 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm, drizzled with Balsamic Maple Sauce, and garnish with almonds.
Cooking Note: Use 8 sheets to make generously stuffed rolls or 12 sheets for smaller ones. If the roll is quite full, it may tear while baking. This will not ruin them, but will affect the presentation. Can be cut into smaller rolls for appetizers.
Filed In: Dinner