This classic Almond Cake recipe is a light, yet flavorful combination when enjoyed with our Alaskan roasted Kaladi Brothers Coffee.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour four 4 x 1 ¾ inch high miniature spring form pans or butter the bottom of an 8 inch round cake pan and butter and flour its sides. If using the 8 inch pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper (this isn’t necessary with the small pans).
2) Place the almond paste and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl if using a hand mixer. Begin to cream the mixture on low speed to break up the almond paste, then increase the speed to medium for about 2 minutes, or until the paste is broken into particles.
3) Add the butter and mix for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is light in color and airy; stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. It is important to mix long enough or the cake will have a dense texture.
4) Mix in the honey, then add the eggs one at a time, beating until each one is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the amaretto, flour, and a pinch of salt and mix just to combine.
5) Scrape the batter into the prepared pan(s) and smooth the top. Bake the small cakes for about 15 minutes, the large one for about 25 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and springs back when pressed lightly. Transfer to the cooling rack to cool.
6) While still warm, brush the cake lightly with amaretto. Then, lightly press the sliced almonds on top, covering the majority of the top of the cake.
Filed In: Dessert