Our bakers start from scratch using the best-quality flour and the ripest, freshest pears to create this delectable dessert.
2 cups flour
2 cups butter (unsalted)
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
water to blend together
1) Roll dough ¼ inch thick. Cut into 10 inch rounds.
2) Place ¼ cup of filling in each.
3) Fold and pinch in edges.
4) Place in freezer until stiff (~20 min).
Around 12 pears (Peeled and diced)
¼ tsp bourbon
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp clove
¼ cup orange juice
One lemon zested and juiced
1) Sautee pears with butter.
2) Add other ingredients.
3) Strain juice from filling.
4) Use juice to make pear reduction thicker w/ cornstarch slurry to desired consistency.
5) Remove dough from freezer- add pear reduction back to filling (with squeeze bottler of spoon over).
6) Egg wash dough and sprinkle with sugar.
7) Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes (until crust in golden brown).
8) Serve with compote or whipped cream.
Filed In: Dessert