Throughout the summer, we’ll feature new recipes on our website, slowly adding to our online archive. We hope you enjoy our new cache of recipes!
From the original “A Cache of Recipes” book, our rhubarb custard pie continues to delight guests (and staff!).
Made from fresh rhubarb right from our greenhouse. Each year we look forward to when our produce is at its sweetest to see what our bakers will create.
Rhubarb Custard Pie
Servings: 9-inch pie
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Pulse butter, shortening & dry ingredients for the crusts in a food processor until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add water until dough comes together in a ball. Divide dough into two even parts and roll out for the top & bottom crusts
3) Beat together eggs & milk.
4) Mix flour, salt, sugar and nutmeg for the filling together. Then add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
5) Mix in chopped rhubarb.
6) Pour filling into pie shell and cover with second pastry top.
7) Bake 50-60 minutes.
8) Serve warm with ice cream!
Filed In: Dessert
Back To: Recipes