Throughout the summer, we’ll feature new recipes on our website, slowly adding to our online archive. We hope you enjoy our new cache of recipes!
A decadent chocolate dessert that is easy to make and perfect for any dinner party.
Credit: Bon Appétit 2000
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Bring cream and milk just to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
3) Remove from heat and add chocolate. Whisk until melted and smooth.
4) Whisk yolks and sugar in large bowl to blend.
5) Cool 10 minutes, skimming any foam from surface.
6) Divide custard mixture among six ¾ cup custard cups or soufflé dishes. Cover each with foil and place in a large baking pan.
7) Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
8) Bake until custards are set but centers still move slightly when gently shaken, about 55 minutes.
9) Remove from water. Remove foil.
10) Chill custards until cool, about 3 hours.
(can be made two days ahead; cover and keep chilled)
Filed In: Dessert
Back To: Recipes