Throughout the summer, we’ll feature new recipes on our website, slowly adding to our online archive. We hope you enjoy our new cache of recipes!
Credit: Cook's Illustrated
1) Add marinade ingredients together in a pot simmer for 2 hours. Set aside to cool.
2) Cut pork shoulder in slices about ½ inch thick and three to four inches wide. Lightly salt & pepper.
3) Add sliced pork to marinate let sit for 3 hours.
4) Heavily foil a baking sheet and place a greased wire cooking rack on top.
5) Place meat on wire rack; be sure to leave room in between each slice of meat. Add 1 cup of sherry wine in bottom of cookie sheet.
6) Cover with foil tightly steam meat for 45 minutes at 325 degrees.
7) Uncover tinfoil and slowly roast and baste with marinade for 45 minutes to an hour until candied at 325 degrees.
8) Cut into desired pieces.
Filed In: Dinner
Back To: Recipes